Green Boat Services Terms and Conditions
- General Terms and Conditions
- Customer is defined as the registered Boat Owner or other person authorised by the Boat Owner to commission services relating to the boat.
- Customer is responsible for ensuring that the correct licensing and insurance for their boat is in place whilst Green Boat Services is carrying out work.
- Green Boat Services has Marine Trades Insurance covering our staff and our premises, including Public Liability Insurance. A copy of our insurance schedule is available on request.
- A Booking Form is available for completion where specific detail is required.
- Green Boat Services reserves the right to refuse any job or part thereof due to health & safety or professional integrity reasons.
- Where we are providing a mobile engineering service, all responsibility for the mooring of boats and the parking of support vehicles for the duration of the works shall be the responsibility of the customer. Any access via private land should be approved with the landowner prior to our arrival.
- Customer is responsible for ensuring clear access to engine, systems or work space as appropriate. We reserve the right to charge for clearing and/or cleaning time where this has not been done. While all possible care is taken, we cannot be held responsible for breakages where the working area has not been cleared.
- We will always endeavour to carry out our work in compliance with the Boat Safety Scheme, however the Customer is always ultimately responsible for ensuring compliance with the Boat Safety Scheme on their own vessel. Advice can be found at http://www.boatsafetyscheme.org/.
- Customer is responsible for approving and thoroughly testing all aspects of work carried out and should report any faults to us within fourteen days of completion of work.
- Prices and estimates
- In the absence of express agreement to the contrary our price for work shall be based on time and materials expended and services provided.
- When we give an estimate or indication of price – in writing or orally – we will exercise skill and judgement in doing so. Such estimates are subject always to the accuracy of information provided by the customer and are usually based only on a superficial examination and will not include the cost of any additional repairs or work found necessary to the vessel and/or gear or equipment during the work nor the cost of any extensions to the work comprised in the estimate.
- We will inform the customer promptly of any proposed increase in estimated prices and the reasons therefor and will only proceed with the work with the approval of the customer.
In those circumstances the customer’s liability for any work already completed or goods already supplied or to be supplied shall be unaffected.
- Payment terms
- Rates will be agreed at the time of booking.
- Any identified parts, supplies, materials etc. will be invoiced in advance.
- A deposit of 50% of estimated labour charges will be invoiced in advance.
- Full payment is due on completion of works unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- We reserve the right to charge interest on any sums outstanding after 30 days at 4% over HSBC base rate.
- We reserve the right to claim all legal expenses incurred in recovering monies due to us.
- Slipway terms
- While the vessel is in our care, neither the customer nor his invitees shall have access to the vessel without prior arrangement, which consent shall not be unreasonably withheld. In the event of such access being permitted, it will be at the customer’s own risk.
- Notwithstanding such access, no work shall be done on the vessel, gear, equipment or other goods while in our care.
- We reserve the right to move any vessel, gear, equipment or other goods at our discretion for reasons of safety or good management.
Updated May 2014